100 WC – So that is why I am always last.

“So the reason that I’m always last to class is because my sister takes forever in the morning to get ready.” I say to my teacher. He rolls his eyes and shakes his head.

“Not good enough,” He snaps, crossing his arms and putting all his weight on his left leg like he had so many more important things to be listening to than my story. His breath reeks of coffee.

“She takes two hours – two full hours, just to do her hair. Her hair!” I moan to him.

“So?” He asks.

“So that’s why I’m always last to class…”

2 thoughts on “100 WC – So that is why I am always last.

1. Brynn,
    another gorgeous piece. I particularly like the way you have created clear characters. The description of the way the teacher rolls his eyes and stands impatiently, and the judgemental description of his breath ‘reek’ing of coffee bring this unlikable character to life. And the simple way your protagonist repeats ‘Her hair!’ in exasperation so beautifully creates empathy for him using humour.
    Superb!
    Ant

2. Hi Brynn
    I really liked the way you used the prompt it was a really nice idea what is more classic than a child giving an excuse for being late I can’t really think of something you can improve on it was an INSUBSTANTIAL peice