- King Jon upset the barons so much they created a document call Magna Carta
- Some of the things on the Magna Carta were not raising taxes, respecting the church, and a fair trial by jury.
- The Declaration of Independence (An American document) was inspired by the Magna Carta
- The barons were going broke with all the taxes Jon was giving them which was making them angry
- The Magna Carta inspired the peaceful and respectful world we live in today.
How high did Jon raise the taxes?
This week’s BTN was about a document called the Magna Carta that inspired Human rights. I learned a lot more about it and it was really fascinating. There was a king named Jon who was hated amongst his kingdom. He was always raising the taxes so the barons forced him to sign a document called the Magna Carta which is currently 800 years old. The Magna Carta had promises on there like: not raising taxes, respecting the church, and making sure everyone had a fair trial. This inspired the Declaration of independence which is an American document stating rights and values. From this BTN I could understand that the barons were going broke with all the taxes they were paying and that the Magna Carta created the world we live in today. I understood all of that but I’m still wondering how high Jon raised the taxes? It had to be a lot since they made him promise to lots of stuff.